Near St. Nicholas Church on the serfs lane number 46 is one of the ten model cells Taganrog fortress of the XVIII century. Its construction involved a soldier's barracks, officer's room, kitchen, located on the perimeter of the rectangular area size 51,3x68,4 meters. Academician IA Gildenshtedt, who visited in 1773, Taganrog, wrote: "... Barracks along the shaft, half dug into the ground and dressed stone, above the earth is rising by only 4 logs." Naturally, these buildings were short-lived. Soon these and other cells were built stone buildings. It is noteworthy that the described cell without significant changes survives to this day. We have before us three stone buildings: a soldier's barracks, officer's house and the kitchen, as well as placed in the central part of the cell well.